Wednesday 7 March 2012

Who needs Weight Watchers?

Hi everyone =]

Hope you're all well?

This post is going to be slightly different and part of a weekly update that I will continue to write every Wednesday as that is my 'weigh in' day.

This clearly isn't me :]
Last week my boyfriend and I decided enough is enough, we need to lose some serious weight as we'd been indulging in way too many tasty treats since our diet came to a stand still in December.

Slowly, a plan formed and we knew how we were going to shift the podge!

We did our monthly food shop online, which was full of various fruit and veg as well as buying a fitness/workout game (not sure if you could call it a game... it's mean) for our PS3.

So after a week of exercise and dieting, I thought i'd just let you all know my progress, what i've been doing and how i'm finding it so far!

Since Wednesday I have been trying to maintain a low calorie diet (approx. 1000-1200 calories a day) which is usually some fruit for breakfast, a salad for lunch and a much smaller dinner of either chicken or fish. I've been snacking on fruit as well and trying to minimise the amount of caffeine I have. To stop my coffee cravings, I've been drinking a lot of Dragonfly (caffeine free) Rooibos Vanilla Tea which i'd really recommend! You can buy this from most supermarkets for around £2 for 40 bags.
After having a tough couple of weeks, it's been so tempting to pop out at lunch and just get a bar of chocolate or a massive latte but i'm so determind to actually do this, i'm proud that I haven't had any! Yay :]

So that's my diet, now exercise! I'm not a lover of exercise (besides walking) but as i'm not confient enough to visit a gym, I figured i'd get a game (again.. game? Really?) for my PS3 to do in the comfort of my lounge! I bought My Fitness Coach from HMV for £6 and although it's not ideal, it does the job. Besides the dancing work outs, i've tried most of them and I think I have developed a love for kickboxing. It's so fun and a great way to work out. I made the mistake of trying the boot camp workouts today and I swear i've never exercised so hard!! I would recommend this to anyone who is in a similar situation to me and doesn't fancy the gym as it's easy to use and a good way to get some exercise into your daily routine.

My progress.... So far, I have lost 6lbs, which isn't bad in a week! I am a little disappointed as I thought i'd perhaps lose a little more but still, at least i'm heading in the right direction!

Sorry for rambling, I won't go on about this anymore as I think it's taken me long enough to write this.. my brain seems to have just switched off, but if you're interested, I will update next Wednesday on how i'm doing!

I will also be doing a review in a few weeks on the Nivea Q10 firming oil, so keep an eye out for that :]

Anyone else on a diet or trying to get healthy?

xxxxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm currently dieting but feel like I've fallen off the exercise a bit after losing 7 lbs. I'm still eating healthy but raring to get back into my routine because seeing the scale go down is the best feeling ever! Good luck xxx

    http://loolitopsboutique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done for losing 7lbs though :] I love the feeling of losing weight, I just don't want it to get out of control. What sort of exercise do you usually do? Good luck to you as well :] xx

      Delete
    2. Thanks :)

      I've been doing boxing and Zumba on my Wii and also walking the dog xxx

      Delete
    3. Is that any good? I've been looking at getting that but not sure... xx

      Delete