Friday 9 March 2012

Review: Collection 2000, Avon, 17, Barry M, Bourjois! x

Hiya,

This is going to be a tad on the lengthy side as I recently stocked up on a fair few affordable products and thought I'd let you know my honest opinions on each. I'll try to be as concise as possible.. and if you do get to the end, a gold star for you! ;)


17 Ultimate Volume Lip Gloss in 'In the Nude'


A pretty affordable lipgloss at just £3.99 and available from Boots here. As you can see, while this is a nude colour (in the tradition sense - a colour similar to the natural pink of lips rather than the concealer shade it's come to be known as!), it does have a glitter running through it. I've taken two pictures, the one of the left is heavily applied but as you can see from the picture on the right, if you aren't too heavy with the product that glitter does disperse and leave a lovely colour. This is marketed as a plumping, volume product but I don't think it's overly different from other lipglosses on the market. Not too sticky, nice application and will definitely be a make-up bag staple for me - plus the applicator is easy to use and mess free!

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 7.

Barry M Liquid Eyeliner in 'Purple'


This eyeliner is £4.79 and available from Boots here. I've been looking for a decent purple liquid eyeliner for a while now and thought I'd give this a try - if I'm honest, I wish I'd saved my money. The applicator is far too thick, regardless of shade, for easy use and application of a precise line. The colour admittedly is quite pretty but as you can see from the swatch, if you go over the line it moves the product resulting in a patchy gloop of purple mess. Plus the staying power is not great at all - the day I wore this it had completely disappeared by bedtime. Pile of poop in my opinion. Let me know of any decent alternatives!

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 2. :(

17 Photo Flawless Primer


This product is £4.99 and available from Boots here. I've bought this primer before so technically this is a repurchase - I loved it the first time and just as much the second time around. It's designed to help prep your skin before foundation application - NOT necessarily to prolong wear throughout the day, which I know many primers on the market are designed for. Thankfully it's not marketed that way so you know what you're getting from day one but it really is a great help in getting a perfect base for your skin. It is such a silky, smooth clear gel and leaves your skin feeling like velvet, plus helps to minimise pores which is fab. I think this would be a great product for oily skin too, as it does minimise the shine on me.

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 8!

Collecton 2000 Lasting Performance Concealer in 'Light'


I'm sure you all know about this product already as the Youtube and blogging industry is crazy for it! Amazing coverage, staying power and a great all-rounder, you can get your mitts on this for £4.19 from Boots. It comes in four shades. The markings on the packaging do rub off very quickly though!

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 8.

Bourjois Volume Clubbing Eyeliner in 'Extra Black'


Ahh this is without a doubt my make-up bag essential and I've used it pretty much every day for going on a year (obviously with a few repurchases)! This is a true black, lasts pretty much all day but still isn't a pain to remove at all. I reckon a few might be put off by the applicator pen as it does seem very thin, but as you can see from the swatch (that's just one swipe) it does apply thick or thin - depending on your preference! Perfect for a cat eye flick, I'd recommend this to every single one of you :) If you fancy a go, it's £6.99 from Boots.

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 9.


17 Candy Collection Blush and Go in 'Peach Melba'

Swatches L-R: Blush side - highlighter side - both together

This blush is just £3.99 and available from Boots. What a great idea, to have a blush and highlighter within one product - it's your choice as to how you use this one. For a strong pigment, just go for the peachy side, for a shimmery highlighter pop on the light side or combine both for a pretty shimmer across the cheeks. The main colour of this one is a pinky peach, with a shot of gold shimmer through it. I really am pleased with this buy, especially on price, and think it'll work great in the summer months. It is rather shimmer-heavy though, so if you're a matte kinda girl then this might not be for you.


Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 6 :)

Avon True Colour Blush in 'Earthern Rose'

Swatches L-R: On application - blended

On the note of matte blushers, this is a fab choice if you're after a peachy natural shade. The compact this comes in is sturdy and would be a handy edition to anyone's make-up bag as it includes a little mirror and a brush. Personally I rarely use these, but it is so soft and handy so worth keeping! My only criticism on this is the pigment is fairly strong so you need to either be light-handed or a pro at blushing to avoid clown cheeks! The price on this is always changing with different promotions, but at this precise minute it's £6.00 on the Avon online shop or ask your local Avon rep for a brochure.

Sugar plump marks out of 10 - 6.

Phew! That's the lot. Would absolutely love to hear your opinions on these products or any affordable bits and bobs you've come across recently.
Lots of love, Colly xxx

6 comments:

  1. Peach melba blush looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, lovely idea. Thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  2. great review :)
    this blush seems perfect!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, i like the amazing lip gloss colour :)

    Lovely greetz from germany.

    xoxo
    Ina :*

    ReplyDelete